This time of the year, when everything at the market is so glorious and ripe, I really miss my CSA. This morning I bought a few things to get through the pain.
This is (clockwise from top left) tomatillos, heirloom tomatoes, ground cherries, and cherry tomatoes. I can’t remember the name of those peppers in the middle, but the sign said they were “smoky like poblanos” and I am a real sucker for a charred poblano. Not pictured are some peaches, a flatiron steak, and some beef short ribs.
Here are my plans for this goodness:
- Tomatillos – roasted tomatillo salsa
- Heirloom tomatoes – regular salsa
- Ground cherries – plain for snacking
- Cherry tomatoes – plain for snacking
- Peppers – added to my salsas, above
- Peaches – I have dreams of some sort of peach cobbler or crumble
I have no idea what to do with this meat, but I’m sure I’ll find something. I’ll give you an update when I do.