Last week, I was in St Lous visiting family, but my handsome hubs picked up CSA for me. I already ate all the chard, apricots, and blueberries from last week. I still have some beets though, so I’m including them in this list. And can I just say for the record that I absolutely LOVE my farm, Wayward Seed? I can. I do.
Here’s what we got this week:
- Beets (from last week) – Boiling, slicing and eating with goat cheese and thyme. (Roasting in the oven is better, but I’m out of foil!)
- Carrots (some cool looking white ones) – peeling, cutting into sticks for snacking.
- Swiss Chard – I feel another fritatta in your future, chard. But I bet you could also use this instead of spinach in Palak Paneer.
- Crook neck squash – Sauteed with garlic and onions, then topped with Romano.
- Peaches (first of the season!) – Ripen in brown bags, eat for snacks. If I can’t eat them all while they’re still good, I’ll freeze them for smoothies.
- Blueberries – Eat for snack. I’m trying to watch what I’m eating (beach in T minus 5 weeks people), but if you’re very good, I share Marion Cunningham’s FABULOUS recipe for crumble topping which is to die for with these blueberries. And with the aforementioned peaches.