We had a busy day last Saturday, driving to Oxford Ohio for a family reunion, so we’re a bit behind. Luckily produce keeps relatively nicely in the fridge for a few days.
Here’s what we got this week:
- Onions – In the pantry with these guys for whenever I need onions.
- Cucumbers – Slicing and dipping in hummus, or chopping into pasta salad, or making tiny little cucmber and cream cheese sandwiches on rye.
- Crook neck squash, zukes – Lunches of summer squash fritters are in the cards for these guys.
- Peaches – Ripen, then freeze for smoothies.
- Apricots – Eat for snacks. These are the last of the apricots for the season. I’m already mourning them.
- Plums – I’m going to try to make freezer jam with these tart, yellow skinned beauties.