I can’t believe that July is already gone! Hello August. And hello to big quantities of fruit in the freezer for those cold fall days when I am sad for summer.
- Corn – I’ll let the kids eat two of these off the cob, then use the other two for corn chowder
- Onions – Pantry!
- Cucumber – Side dish of cucmber salad
- Summer squash – Adding this to some linguine for dinner
- Zukes – Making two loaves of bread with this, to slice and freeze for future breakfasts
- Peaches – Freeze for smoothies or pies
- Plums – These are so sweet and delicious. I’ll be snacking on them all week. I wish I had more time, I’d make some kind of fancy tart with them.