Fall is in the air. I’m a little disappointed to see my beloved scorching heat go, but the idea of fall – and the apples, pears, cinnamon, pumpkins and everything else that goes with it – is starting to grow on me.
- Beans – cooking with bacon and potatoes for a side with pork chops
- Sweet Peppers – Sweet and smoky corn salsa
- Carrots – Roasted with thyme
- Water melon – You should have seen gorgeous yellow fleshed melon. One of the sweetest I have ever eaten.
- Corn – Sweet and smoky corn salsa – will post recipe soon
- Pears – Eating for snacks, hoping for some more cool nights to eat these with stilton and port.
- Plums – Eating, making another plum cake from Hayday Market cookbook – it was delicious! will post recipe soon.