This week marks the last week for corn, but the first week for potatoes. Mixed emotions!
- Sweet potatoes and white potatoes – I’m going to let these guys sit in the pantry this week. I’ve got a lot of food to eat that will perish before them.
- Corn – To the freezer with you, to savor later in the fall
- Bell peppers – snacking, cole slaw
- Hot peppers – cole slaw, cornbead, omelettes
- Carrots – I’m going to try to make some carrot bars or muffins. These are starting to pile up and I need to use a bunch of them in one shot.
- Tomatoes – Roast for pasta
- Apples – make sauce and/or freeze
- Pears – These juicy delights are for snacking