By this time of year, I’m usually starting to fail on using everything I get in my share before it goes bad.
“Oh hello there greens from two weeks ago. You’re looking a little brown. And you, daikon radish, you seem somewhat… squishy. Apples? are you rotting right there on the counter? The nerve.”
Time to rally! This week: single minded focus on eating CSA veggies. Who’s with me?! Yes, hubs and children, I know – not you.
- Radishes: These little lovelies are for salads and snacking
- Turnips: got a quite an assortment of these this week. They are for roasting and snacking. And luckily, will keep for a bit in the crisper drawer.
- Greens: I’ll admit it. I’m officially tired of eating these. I think I’ll try and trick myself this week and sneak them into my morning smoothie. Shhh.
- Salad mix: I’ve been waiting for this. Spicy mix of arugula and spinach. Will eat dressed with honey lemon dressing.
- Some kind of little squash: Decor for now, roasted for later.