Everyone has a favorite way to make taco salad. This is mine.
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and fixed for tacos (I like Penzy’s bold seasoning)
- shredded iceburg lettuce
- shredded cheddar
- taco chips
- ranch dressing
- chipotle tobasco
Start your bowl with some iceburg, top with chips (I like to crunch them up), cheese, and meat. Finish with ranch and tobasco.
Hubs has inexplicably decided that cutting out processed foods and eating less meat would be a good idea. It only took 10 years of me telling him this, but apparently persistence pays off. I’m elated about not having to worry about fixing some sort of meat item every night.
Rees menu for week of 8/30/10
- Monday: Mahi mahi with lemon butter, corn on the cob (We’ve decided that each Monday will be fish night. Will let you know how this goes.)
- Tuesday: Potato cakes with homemade applesauce
- Wednesday: Homemade veggie burgers (inspired by Luna Burger)
- Thursday: Taco salad
- Friday: Beans and Rice, per hubs request